Family Film Night
Now in its fifth year, the NoMa BID is proud to present Family Film Night at Sursum Corda, where families and children gather for free family-centric movies (also fitting the ‘Dance, Dance, Dance’ theme) and free food. Family Film Night will take place on four Tuesdays this summer:
- June 23: Annie (2014) (PG), A foster kid, who lives with her mean foster mom, sees her life change when business tycoon and New York mayoral candidate Will Stacks makes a thinly-veiled campaign move and takes her in.
- July 7: Happy Feet Two (PG), Mumble’s son, Erik, is struggling to realize his talents in the Emperor Penguin world. Meanwhile, Mumble and his family and friends discover a new threat their home — one that will take everyone working together to save them.
- July 21: Rio 2 (G), It’s a jungle out there for Blu, Jewel and their three kids after they’re hurtled from Rio de Janeiro to the wilds of the Amazon. As Blu tries to fit in, he goes beak-to-beak with the vengeful Nigel, and meets his father-in-law.
- August 4: The Princess and the Frog (PG), A waitress, desperate to fulfill her dreams as a restaurant owner, is set on a journey to turn a frog prince back into a human being, but she has to face the same problem after she kisses him.
- August 11: Rain Date, Film TBD. We will do a vote on social media if more than one film is rained out. If only one movie is canceled due to weather, that will be the movie shown.
Family Film Night at Sursum Corda will take place in the plaza at L and First Streets, NW. The event starts at 7 p.m. with kid-centric activities and free food. Films start at sunset.