The services of the NoMa BID Clean Team include:
Trash and Litter Removal:
The NoMa BID provides public trash receptacles throughout the neighborhood, and picks up the trash from those bins daily. In addition, the Clean Team works tirelessly to keep the sidewalks and public spaces welcoming and free of litter and graffiti.
- You can see the Clean Team walking on their daily routes placing trash from the public space into trash bags. The NoMa Clean Team truck retrieves the full trash bags from the sidewalks throughout the day.
- Power washing sidewalks
- Graffiti removal
- Assisting with mowing grass on the Metropolitan Branch Trail and next to the railroad tracks
- Improving tree boxes
- Plantings and landscaping
- Pleasant strolls, cheerful commutes
Inclement Weather and Property Owner Responsibilities
- Property owners are responsible for public space adjacent to their buildings and lots.
- Commercial property owners are responsible to clean and maintain the public space from their property line to the street gutter.
- Residential property owners are responsible to clean and maintain the public space from their property line to the sidewalk.
- Snow and Ice: Property owners are responsible for snow removal from the sidewalks. DC regulation states snow must be removed within 8 hours after a snowfall. Snow removal is not part of the standard Clean Team services.